[criteria update] Rescue mode

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri Jul 27 13:53:01 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Petr Schindler <pschindl at redhat.com> said:
> Because of changes in new anaconda [1] and after short discussion with
> Chris Lumens, I propose to remove this beta criterion [2]:
>
> 'The rescue mode of the installer must be able to detect and mount
> (read-write and read-only) LVM, encrypted, and RAID (BIOS, hardware, and
> software) installations'
>
> Reason (according to Chris): There's been no work done on rescue mode
> and it is highly unlikely that it does anything at all right now.

You've proposed removing rescue mode criteria from both alpha and beta;
is there going to be any requirement for a functional rescue mode for
this release?  That's a pretty critical thing to have completely missing
from a release; things that occasionally happen such as a broken boot
loader would render an install virtually unrecoverable for many users.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>