[criteria update] Rescue mode

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 21:27:30 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 18:02 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 07/27/2012 02:14 PM, Petr Schindler wrote:
> > It is about discussion to accept this change. If there will be lot of
> > opinions against this change, we will let it be as it is and anaconda
> > will have to make their best to bring rescue mod. We can also change
> > this criterion. It's on discussion. Note that those changes are
> > hopefully only for F18. In F19 there should be everything back.
>
> So what no text mode and no rescue mode this release?
>
>  From the looks of it we should just delay the new anaconda for F19 and
> re-use the release we used for F17 .
>
> This topic should be added to the meeting agenda and voted upon.

The inclusion of newUI in itself is a Feature; the correct way to get it
delayed, if we decided we want that, would be to bring it up with FESCo
(by filing a FESCo ticket asking them to look at it). A vote of QA alone
isn't sufficient to mandate the removal of a feature.

The lack of rescue mode in a final release would be a bit worrying, I
agree.