[criteria update] Rescue mode

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jul 27 21:36:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 07:19 -0700, Joe Wulf wrote:
> Question:  Is there a 'deferred' state these kinds of issues can be
> moved to?
> That might be an acceptable middle-ground so that issues are
> maintained, yet rational is provided for why they are not worked in
> this release.
>

> Just a thought.

As far as I remember, it's not something we've really done before -
we've waived specific bugs occasionally, with various degrees of process
hackery and hand-waving, but that's all.

However, there's no reason at all we can't do it. Actually I was going
to suggest something similar. If we decided it was the right thing to
do, it'd be pretty trivial to grey-out or strike-out a criterion, with a
note that it's suspended for the specific release in question.