rawhide and system-config-network ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 31 22:07:02 UTC 2012

I'm trying to get a rawhide VM machine going...
- installed F17 minimal
- yum install fedora-release-rawhide
- yum update
- boot and OK.

Booting the rawhide kernel drops do a maintenance shell (give root pass
or ctrl-d), so I'm using f17 kernel for now.

I yum groupinstall @"GNOME Desktop Environment" @"X Window System", plus
a heap of other gui things.

Trying to telinit 5 or startx, the terminal mouse cursor flashes once or
twice, but then screen goes black, and sendkeys, nor actual keys will
bring the VM back. Force off is then needed.

Is X or the kernel a problem in rawhide at the moment ?

Anyway, wanted to get networking setup. no package system-config-network
available. Is it being replaced ?