Can't upgrade from TC to Release

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 15:06:07 UTC 2012

On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 10:05:11 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

> I have a 17 installation last upgraded May 4 that I tried to upgrade to 17
> release last night, and again this AM. It won't do it because Yum is looking
> to fedora/development/17 instead of fedora/releases/17. Yum produces about
> two screens of 404 mirror errors, then fails anything requiring mirror
> access. Viewing /etc/yum/repos.d/fedora.repo I can't see any reason why it
> would be doing that. I see there:
>
> [fedora]
> name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
> failovermethod=priority
> #baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
> mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
> enabled=1
> metadata_expire=7d
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch
>
> What can I do to fix the installation so Yum works again?
>
> FWIW, the installation was originally made from
> mirrors.us.kernel.org/fedora/development/17, and fedora-release-rawhide is
> not installed, while fedora-release-17.1.noarch is.

One thing I'm missing in your post is whether you've tried the following
(or similar commands yet)?

  yum clean expire-cache

Or even:

  yum clean metadata dbcache

Or the sledgehammer:

  yum clean all

What happens if you try to yum update afterwards?

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.3.7-1.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.15 0.14 0.10