FC17 upto FC18/ Rawhide???

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:25:59 UTC 2012

On 06/12/2012 08:24 PM, Rob Healey wrote:
> I sit and wait and wait and wait some more, all that I ever get is a
> mouse pointer with a waiting symbol.  I never get anywhere farther than
> the mouse cursor which does move all around the screen if I play with it....

Try booting into the single user mode. Might be able to find some useful
information from /var/log and debug it further from there.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/Installation_Guide/ap-rescuemode.html#s1-rescuemode-booting-single

Another easy thing to try is just select an older kernel from the GRUB
boot menu. I doubt it helps in this case, but worth a try.

If none of the above helps, try creating a more detailed report -- where
exactly does the booting stop? Do you see any error messages? Screenshot
(use a camera); information from log files, and so on.

For what it's worth, I'm typing this on a rawhide installation running
GNOME and it booted fine a few days ago, when I last tried. Granted,
this is with a F17 kernel and initramfs, because I don't want to use the
slow rawhide kernels that have debug options turned on.

--
Hope this helps,
Kalev