2012-06-18 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 04:25:18 UTC 2012

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120618

Next meeting is scheduled for 2012-06-25 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120625 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
	* adamw to review F17 retrospective and come up with an action
	  plan - not done yet, but he's working on it - this is mostly
	  complete and some parts will be discussed today
	* adamw to work with rbergeron to make sure housekeeping gets
	  done for f16/f17/f18 - adam contacted robyn and spot, did not
	  yet receive replies
	* tflink to fix up blocker bug page for new bugzilla, probably
	  as fedora-hosted static HTML rather than in MW - work is in
	  progress, hitting some 'proxy errors' from bugzilla but this
	  is likely an error on the server end not in the script
	* tflink to set up QA git account - this has been done, see [1]

TOPIC: ARM as a primary arch
	* Supported ARM implementations are pandaboard, trimslice,
	  highbank, beagleboard, kirkwood and Raspberry Pi; currently
	  QA has a pandaboard and a trimslice, and some Pis on order.
	  Also an XO 1.75, which is not listed
	* j_dulaney and nb believe there is budget available to get
	  more hardware
	* With ARM as a primary arch, would we hold an entire release
	  due to one ARM implementation being broken?

TOPIC: Fedora 17 retrospective
	* We liked doing go/no-go on Thursdays and would like to
	  schedule it that way for F18
	* We should aim to roll RCs as soon as possible after change
	  deadline rather than schedule a specific day for them
	* No clear agreement on whether blocker meetings should be
	  moved, and if so, to when
	* Bruno was not around to discuss his blocker list analysis
	  suggestion

TOPIC: AutoQA Update
N/A

TOPIC: Open Floor
N/A

ACTION ITEMS
	* adamw to start a list thread for further discussion of the
	  blocker review meeting time topic
	* adamw to start a list thread about ways to analyze the corpus
	  of blocker bugs