Ideas for analyzing the history of blocker bugs

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Mon Jun 25 22:23:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:14:56 -0700
Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> One area that may be more interesting, I guess, would be to look at
> various timing issues. One key one would be 'how long it takes for
> bugs to be a) nominated and b) accepted as blockers, after they are
> reported'. I've come across a few cases before where the answer seemed
> to be 'too long' - it would be good to know if they were outliers, or
> if we have a consistent issue with not identifying quickly enough
> that bugs are blockers. Of course, we could look at the amount of
> time it takes to progress through all the other steps of the blocker
> process too.

Another thing that might be interesting is to look at the timing
between when the update was submitted and when the bug was filed. That
way we can get a view of bugs that should have been detected as
blockers in addition to the components that could/should have been
tested earlier.

I'd also be interested in doing the same analysis for at least F16 and
maybe F15 in case there are any consistent patterns to be found.

Tim