Linking negative karma points to a reported bug

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 14:57:53 UTC 2012

<kvolny at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I simply don't like this idea, there is enough bugzilla noise
> > and enough bureaucracy (read: obstacles) for anyone wanting
> > to contribute (yes, even just clicking +1/-1 karma is a
> > valuable contribution ...)
>
> This is no additional bureocrasy thou you claim it to be

please elaborate on this

situation now:
step 1. follow a link to bodhi
step 2. click "Add a comment"
(optional) step 3. write a comment what doesn't work for you
step 4. click "does not work"
step 5. click "Add Comment"

your proposal:
step 1. follow a link to bodhi
step 2. click "Add a comment"
step 3. open Bugzilla in another window
step 4. click New
steps 5.-96. do all the things you have to do to properly file a
bug
step 97. return to bodhi
step 98. write a comment which includes the newly reported bug
number
step 99. "click does not work"
step 100. click "Add Comment"

you really don't see anything additional in the second case?

> and please do sell/explain it further what value you see in
> having reporters to just click +1/-1

I see whether someone actually bothered to test the update, and
what is the result

> Btw way please follow [1]
> 1.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Proper_po
> sting_style

it was directed to a topic as a whole, not to a specific
paragraph of your text ... sorry for not removing the original
message not to "increase the size of the daily digests" but I'd
find it more "highly confusing and incoherent" if I'd just
deleted it

btw, please follow
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#Be_Courteous
(or is it just me who finds it at least a bit strange to start
the thread by ill-founded, as Adam pointed out, attack on FESCO?)

K.

--
Karel Volný
QE BaseOs/Daemons Team