Proposed EFI changes to install validation matrix

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 23:56:21 UTC 2012

Hey, folks. I've drafted up my proposal for adding EFI testing to the
installation matrix here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_QA_Fedora_17_Install_Results_Template

Compare to the current:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_17_Install_Results_Template

It's fairly straightforward - it just adds an 'EFI' column to some of
the tables, after 'i686' and 'x86_64', and adds a result box only to
those tests it makes the most sense to repeat with EFI. I think I
included all the tests it really makes sense to specifically do with
EFI; the others are all variations to which it really shouldn't make any
difference whether you're booting EFI or not. In total, 13 tests get
'EFI' boxes with the change.

Please do comment if you think there's any problem with the change or if
you have a better idea for how to do it! Thanks.

The trac ticket here is https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/256 .