gnome 3 problem in f17

pringler01 at gmail.com pringler01 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 01:47:55 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Dan Mashal <dan.mashal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ruy,
>
> I was able to upgrade using the DVD from f16 i386 -> f17 i386. I am able
> to login to both Gnome, KDE and XFCE.
>
> Can you give us some more details on the errors you are getting?
>
> Dan
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM, pringler01 at gmail.com <pringler01 at gmail.com
> > wrote:

>>> preupgrade is highly likely to be completely borked at present, to my
>>> knowledge no attempt has been made to set up preupgrade to work for f17
>>> yet. the dvd path at least has a vague effort made to handle the /usr
>>> transition, so I'd go with a dvd / netinst upgrade for now.
>>> --
>>> Adam Williamson
>>> Fedora QA Community Monkey
>>> IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
>>> http://www.happyassassin.net
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Hi, as i metioned before i used the dvd path, because the preupgrade
>> method is broken right now (is fixable using a root= argument but i don't
>> see reason to do it knowing others methods)
>>
>> --
>>

> --

Hi, i honestly dont know what kind of log i can give...the only "change"
since the update is that Gnome Shell get stuck in the process (at the start
the shell do someting albeit small (no rendering no title bars just the
windows)). Is posible my Intel card has something to do with it? I have a
Core i3-350 (Arrandale) GPU.

Thanks, Ruy