Draft SOP for requesting TCs/RCs

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 15 01:44:02 UTC 2012

Eric Blake <eblake <at> redhat.com> writes:

> What about requiring the number to be strictly increasing:
>
> TC1 < RC2 < RC3 < TC4 < RC5
>
> where the prefix denotes how stable we think this particular build is (T
> vs. R depending on whether there are known blockers).  Since you don't
> reuse the suffix, it becomes immediately apparent whether the iso you
> are testing came before or after another iso.  Of course, someone will
> then ask why we have RC2 but not RC1, but that's hopefully an easier
> question to answer.

Does the distinction between TC and RC need to be in the name? How about

C1 < C2 < C3 ...

with possibly an "R" suffix if the number of blocker bugs is 0, like

C1 < C2 < C3R < ...

This way they're alphabetical. There are also other side effects of the
distinction between TC and RC such as having two separate releng tickets, two
separate categories in the wiki, etc. and maybe some of those are unnecessary as
well.