Line wrapping (was Draft SOP for requesting TCs/RCs)

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 13:11:06 UTC 2012

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 05:58:17 -0400,
>   Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > BTW, your line wrapping seems to be broken again :)
> >
> > Hey, that's probably because I don't wrap lines. I see line
> > wrapping as an end-client rendering feature, rather than manual
> > source text formatting necessity. I know it breaks some tools
> > (like Mailman web-view), but I see that more as a bug in those
> > tools. We can discuss it in a separate thread. It's just that my
> > technological heart bleeds every time I need to re-wrap someone's
> > hard-wrapped lines. It's so damn 90's.
>
> You might want to set format=flowed though so that mail clients know
> it
> is OK to wrap the lines when viewing the messages.

Sorry, where exactly should I set this property? Is it some kind of an optional email header? Or is it an option in some popular email client?

I am at the mercy of Zimbra that has exactly zero text wrapping options. (But I can't say I cared much until now, because it behaves properly in my view - it does not wrap lines when writing, but wraps it for reading.)