Line wrapping (was Draft SOP for requesting TCs/RCs)

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 16:28:17 UTC 2012

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 09:11:06 -0400,
>    Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >Sorry, where exactly should I set this property? Is it some kind of
> >an optional email header? Or is it an option in some popular email
> >client?
>
> It's in the content-type header. For example:

Thanks for info, it's interesting. I have found a pretty FAQ here:
http://joeclark.org/ffaq.html

I don't know whether I understood it correctly and I'm not sure it is the best technical solution, but at least it's some progress.

> >I am at the mercy of Zimbra that has exactly zero text wrapping
> >options. (But I can't say I cared much until now, because it
> >behaves properly in my view - it does not wrap lines when writing,
> >but wraps it for reading.)
>
> I use mutt and can set text_flowed in my .muttrc file. I have to
> remember
> to end lines with a space when I want them to be joinable.
>
> We have zimbra at work (though I forward mail to my workstation) and
> the
> web interface doesn't display text/plain with format=flowed properly.

Hmm, yeah. It's kind of a mess in this area, each tool working completely differently.