package dependencies in Bodhi

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 20:20:22 UTC 2012

> I've created that update. It is maybe not the best way to go about
> it,
> but keeping the list of already-built packages in bodhi is one way of
> keeping track of what is getting built.
>
> There are several problems with the current way of doing
> multi-package
> updates in bodhi. It starts with bodhi getting _really_ slow once
> your
> update hits ~15 packages.
>
> And buildroot overrides are not tied into the update life-cycle at
> all,
> so you end up with the situation where you build a bunch of things,
> filing buildroot overrides for some involved libraries. Then you push
> the entire thing out as an update, and you think you are done. But if
> your buildroot overrides expire before your update has left
> updates-testing, the buildroot silently becomes inconsistent with
> whats
> already queued as updates...
>
> But I didn't want to complain; if my way of doing 'big' updates is
> causing problems for autoqa, I'm happy to listen to suggestions for
> doing things differently.

No, thanks for your explanation. It's us who must accommodate, because this approach is and will be used. We just never thought about the corner case where the bodhi update changes during <test start;test end> time interval. We've hit it several times with your update :-) Now it should be fixed. But it raised some questions.

Thanks, Adam and Matthias, for clearing that up.