QA as a sub-project: draft 'governance' section for the wiki

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 01:02:25 UTC 2012

On 03/22/2012 12:29 AM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

> So, the ultimate goal ... is to include 'quality assurance' under the
> list of sub-projects in the left-side navigation menu on the wiki. Is
> approval as a project required to achieve this? If so, I'd like to get
> the ball rolling to define QA as a sub-project.

Hmm I cant recall the bugzappers ever have gone through some formal SIG
process I think they just were added there on the list
( or strings where pulled to add them there to keep peace  ).

It was not without a reason they decided to separate themselves from the
QA community at that time.

> Aside: The current state of projects and SIGs is slightly confusing on
> the wiki. Fr example, BugZappers?
> <https://fedorahosted.org/board/wiki/BugZappers>, a QA sub-project, is
> listed as a SIG <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs#Bug_Triage> and
> listed as a project
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Project_Wiki> in the left
> nav-menu. Also, QA is listed as sub-project on the wiki start page
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Project_Wiki>, but not in the
> list of projects <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects>.

As I mentioned as before things kinda ended up in that state.

Basically the board is faced with this.

A) make QA an SIG and merge bugzappers back into it

Or

B) Split the relevant parts of QA into their own indvidual SIG (
Triagers/Reporters/AutoQA etc ) with their own resources...

We did not reach consensus back in the day but hey feel free to decide
this for us...

JBG