QA as a sub-project: draft 'governance' section for the wiki

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 03:17:36 UTC 2012

On Mar 22, 2012 12:00 AM, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hey, folks.
>>
>> So here's some funny Fedora archaeology: QA is not actually officially a
>> Fedora sub-project. I didn't know this (and didn't particularly care!),
>> and neither did I know that, aeons ago (well, last year), jlaska kicked
>> off an attempt to make us one. As sub-project requests are filed as
>> Board trac tickets, I can't link to it because of the Board's silly
>> policy of making trac tickets private, so only they and jlaska can see
>> it. But I'm assured it exists. If anyone is super-interested in this
>> exciting, nay thrilling process, it's documented at
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DefiningProjects#Fedora_Projects .
>>
>> Anyway, Robyn tells me that with its customary, legendary efficiency and
>> speed, the Board has come to a swift decision a mere eight months later
>> that QA should be accepted as a sub-project.
>

> I'm a bit amazed that the board is going to approve some proposal that
has not been presented to the QA community ( and I'm equally amazed that
James did not present that to the QA community )

> I for one would like to know exactly the details and the content of that
ticket and an justification from the board on why it's approving an
proposal that affects the whole QA community without the QA community
actually knowing anything about it.

To clarify the actual request from James was to have QA linked directly
from the side bar on the wiki so it was quick and easy to find, the
requirements of the website team to do that is that it has to be an
official sub project. That has to be approved by the board for what ever
historical reasons. In terms of the qa community's knowledge of it, we
assumed that since a qa member filed the request you did bit it might have
been in the context of being added to the wiki sidebar. There is no
underlying motive.

>> Robyn also requested that we have our 'goals' written down somewhere,
>> and that we have some kind of section on leadership/governance.
>

> There is no leadership or governance in the QA community other than the
individual himself and there is no need to have one.