QA as a sub-project: draft 'governance' section for the wiki

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:35:55 UTC 2012

On 03/22/2012 02:42 AM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

> There is detail going all the way back to June 2006 about Fedora
> Testing and Bugzappers and the formation of those groups as subprojects.

I'm very well aware of that and you can find my opinion on that matter
which is still unchanged after all those years.

I still think this was unwise of the people involved at that time both
the distinction from QA and the fact they though they where any
different from reporters
( you require exactly the same skill set ) but I listen and understood
and still understand why they felt they needed to do so in the first
place at that time.

> We can either accept that The Right Thing Was Done or we can suspect
> that someone broke the rules and go hunting for a needle in a haystack
> for the nitty-gritty details. I, for one, would prefer to assume that
> the folks who were involved at that point in time, many of whom are
> still around in one capacity or another, did the right thing, or had
> the best of intentions.

Nobody's questioning anyone's motive, the people involved felt they had
no other choice at the time so they where kinda forced into becoming a
"separated group" as you say.

I would hope that me and James managed to eliminate the underlying cause
which forced them to become a separated group/entity over the years and
they could be folded back into QA and we can work towards making
reporting and triaging part of the same process within the QA community.

If we failed in that regard then the triagers should consider finish
what was started all those years ago and apply for their own mailing
list,trac instance etc. and finish that separation and finally become
the "sub group" of the project that so many think they are.

JBG