Emacs "yank" behavior change

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 23:55:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:46:36 -0600
Jonathan Corbet wrote:

> It turns out that the Emacs developers explicitly changed the default
> behavior in this regard for the 24 release.

I sent in a yank enhancement once, but I don't know if anyone
ever actually picked it up. My version of yank pastes in
the X clipboard, but, at the same time stashes the X selection
in the yank history, so if it doesn't paste what I'm expecting,
I can try the "previous" yank and get the other possible
selection. Works for me, and avoids lots of confusing work
arounds.