Fedora ARM QA testing

Paul Whalen pwhalen at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 21:36:20 UTC 2012

Good day,

By way of introduction - I'm Paul Whalen, recently hired by Red Hat to look at introducing QA testing for Fedora ARM. I have been working in the ARM space since Seneca College took on the task of hosting the Fedoa Koji Build System in May of 2010.
With an increase of consumer and soon to be relased Enterprise-level ARM devices coming to the market over the course of the next couple of years, we see this as a great opporunity for Fedora to remain a technology leader by fully supporting this emerging architecture.
We have recently opened up discussions with developers and the community, engaging in a variety of topics to understand the requirements of moving the ARM secondary arch to primary ( details -https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraARM) - with no disruption to the existing Fedora ecosphere. Introducing existing QE tests will prove problematic as currently there is no anaconda support for ARM, images are copied to removable media like SD cards rather then using an installer. Work is currently being done in this area to improve the process for end users.
A ticket was previously opened up to address the issue of incorporating ARM into the existing QA tests (http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/277), and begin the discussion of what work is still needed. I would like to revisit this on the mailing list, to see what steps need to be addressed by the ARM team for a smooth migration to be possible.

Paul