Fedora ARM QA testing

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:37:00 UTC 2012

On 03/24/2012 04:22 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> That's not entirely true, in the short term we likely won't use
> anaconda, in the medium to long term we plan to use anacona
> exclusively, whether that be on the server style hardware using
> traditional install methods (gui, text or kickstart) or to build the
> images in similar ways to how we currently use it to build LiveCDs or
> amazon images. Having spoken with the Anaconda guys in Milan and
> Blacksburg they have some even more interesting ideas that I could
> have imagined but they're all RFE stages at the moment. In the more
> distant future (A15 and arm64) alot of non embedded ARM platforms will
> even use uEFI..... whether that's a good thing or not I'll leave up to
> the reader to decide:)

If and when the arm sig decides to start using Anaconda ( which is
probably based on this when Anaconda supports it )reporters would have
to follow the install matrix until then they simply report if the image
that got created for their particular hw works or not.

You guys might want to give us a list of applications to test so we can
see if we already cover them.
( We obviously need to created test cases for those that we don't cover
already.)

Other than the above I dont think there is nothing more we from the arm
sig.

If the arm sig needs some kind of blessing from QA considered it done (
unless someone object then he can do so now ).

JBG