yum upgrade F16 => F17 no longer possible

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Sat Mar 24 20:35:52 UTC 2012

Hi!

I just tried updating an up-to-date F16 install to F17 according to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_16_-.3E_Fedora_17

# yum --releasever=17 update dracut

tries to update filesystem to 3-2.fc17 which contains the safeguard
against running on a non-USRMOVE converted system. So I'm out of luck.

Error:

# ERROR You need to update rpm to handle:
# rpmlib(X-CheckUnifiedSystemdir) is needed by filesystem-3-2.fc17.x86_64
# RPM needs to be updated

(Which is actually wrong - RPM is updated - it's just that I wasn't able
to do the dracut usrmove step yet ...).

Is this a bug worth filing or am I missing something?

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net