Spontaneous reboots

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Sun Mar 25 16:13:29 UTC 2012

I have not experienced any of the "wedges" since installing
Nvidia's X server driver.

However, I have experienced uncommanded instant reboots.
I usually hear a click, and instantly the computer behaves as if
the hardware reset has been pushed.  Needless to say, there
is no error message.  The reboot may be associated with my
doing something or it may happen when I am not at the console.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the Nvidia driver
a/d/or my installation of it.

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com