F17-Alpha DVD basic install success with comments

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 03:31:18 UTC 2012

stan wrote:

> Overall assessment - a smooth and positive experience.

I downloaded the Beta Release Candidate 1 and just tried to install it to a
spare partition.

This is what happened:

The computer booted, read the DVD, said it would boot it in 3 seconds, then a
message appeared in the upper left corner about "trying to allocate 1135
pages... for vmlinuz" (I think it said).

Then the computer rebooted, read the DVD, said it would boot it in 3 seconds,
then a message appeared in the upper left corner about "trying to allocate 1135
pages... for vmlinuz" (I think it said).

Then the computer rebooted, read the DVD, said it would boot it in 3 seconds,
then a message appeared in the upper left corner about "trying to allocate 1135
pages... for vmlinuz" (I think it said).

Then the computer rebooted, read the DVD, said it would boot it in 3 seconds,
then a message appeared in the upper left corner about "trying to allocate 1135
pages... for vmlinuz" (I think it said).

etc.

It never booted the DVD and I never managed to get an install screen. The
computer just kept rebooting.

Overall assessment: I have never experienced such a complete and total failure
with a Fedora installation (and I have often installed alpha and beta
releases).