F17-Alpha DVD basic install success with comments

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:31:21 UTC 2012

Adam Williamson wrote:

> Do early 17 DVDs work for you? Have you tried?

This is the first Fedora 17 disk I have tried.

> The 17 Beta TCs should still be available at stage/, and the
> Alpha is of course available 'officially'.

I didn't bother with any of the alphas. Particularly, because of the /usr/lib
stuff, I wanted that all to be well ironed out before I give anything a try.

> Were you booting EFI or BIOS?

There was never any way for me to make a selection. I would like to move my
system over to EFI, since it is supposed to be more advanced, but I don't know
how to migrate. I read that you have to have a special partition set up for it
and I don't know whether the installer will do it or whether I should create
one first.