Installation validation matrix: dropped all install repository '_default' tests (except DVD and mirrorlist)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 23:15:08 UTC 2012

The various install repository _default tests aside from DVD and
mirrorlist (which don't require explicit repo selection) -
HTTP/FTP_default , NFS_default, NFSISO_default, Hard_drive_default - all
rely on the 'askmethod' parameter which used to bring up an interactive
list of possible repository locations early in install.

noloader obsoletes this; it's not really possible to do any more. You
can only specify repository locations with repo=foo (inst.repo=foo) or
by adding them at the interactive stage when you do package selection.
This is by design, according to anaconda team, askmethod is dead (ding
dong).

So I have just dropped all the tests that rely on 'askmethod'. Each has
a _variation equivalent which uses repo=foo, and there are Graphical
Repository tests for testing the interactive addition of repos at
package selection stage, so we already have tests to cover all
now-possible repo selection techniques.

I applied this to the RC1 matrix and also to the template. It's clearly
The Right Thing To Do, so it didn't seem worth doing a proposal, but if
someone has an objection, please do shout out, and we can revert the
changes easily.

There were some results in the RC1 matrix, I made sure no data was lost
(too tedious to explain how, but you can look at the change record to
see what I did).

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Test_Results:Fedora_17_Beta_RC1_Install&diff=280360&oldid=280359
https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=QA:Fedora_17_Install_Results_Template&diff=280365&oldid=272828

thanks!