F17 vs. Pentium 4

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Mar 29 19:30:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On 29 March 2012 11:25, Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>> Has F17 been tested to see whether it will install on a Pentium 4?
>> Recently I installed F15 because I could not get the F16 installer to boot.
>> I can get the F13, F14 and F15 installers to boot without media.
>> The F16 installer was a no go, both without media and with a minimal CD.
>> In both cases, I got crashes that required pushing the reset button.
>> I never got to tell them about the iso file.
>
> What kind of Pentium IV. There were several versions and also multiple
> motherboards all of which will affect whether this question can be
> answered.

Stepping 9.
Apparently it doesn't have NX.
At least it doesn't show up in /proc/cpuinfo
and there seems to be no BIOS switch for it.
It does have hyperthreading.
The machine is a DakTech with a D865GBF motherboard.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily