F17 vs. Pentium 4

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 29 20:15:02 UTC 2012

On 2012/03/29 14:30 (GMT-0500) Michael Hennebry composed:

> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

>>  What kind of Pentium IV. There were several versions and also multiple
>>  motherboards all of which will affect whether this question can be
>>  answered.

> Stepping 9.

Stepping doesn't say anything useful without family & model for context. I'm
looking at two different Hyperthreading P4 cpuinfo screens ATM, stepping of 3
on one, 5 on the other, but one is model 4 family 5 2048 cache (2.8GHz
Prescott I think), the other model 6 family 5 2048 cache (3.4GHz Cedar Mill
for sure).

> Apparently it doesn't have NX.
> At least it doesn't show up in /proc/cpuinfo

On the two I'm looking at NX shows on the 2nd output line between pbe & lm.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/