F17 vs. Pentium 4

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 19:40:30 UTC 2012

Michael Hennebry wrote:
> I'm not looking for NX.
> I only mentioned it because in another thread someone suggested that
> NX might be the reason I couldn't get the F16 installer to boot.

Actually, I think you’ll find someone questioned whether PAE was
necessary (it isn’t, but a Pentium 4s has PAE anyway). The only reason I
mentioned NX was that PAE doesn’t buy you much unless you have NX or
more than 2 GB of memory (which I think you said you do).

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | As Tim switched off the engine, opened the driver’s door,
aprilcottage.co.uk | undid his seat belt and fell out of the tree, he decided