Fedora QA and Google Summer of Code 2012

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 23:31:58 UTC 2012

Now that the student application period has opened, I figured that
the test list might be a good place to mention a QA related idea that
was submitted for GSoC 2012.

Fedora Gooey Karma
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2012#Fedora_Gooey_Karma

  I think this has been discussed before, but the basic idea is to take
  fedora-easy-karma and add more information to it so that karma-giving
  isn't quite so intimidating and swapping back and forth between
  bodhi, koji, yum and repoinfo isn't needed.

  The proposal is to make a GUI application that presents most of the
  information useful during karma-giving in a single place.

  More details are available at http://blog.tirfa.com/gooey-karma

If you're an eligible student and are interested in the project, feel
free to ask questions or start the application process [1].

Tim

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GSOC_Guide_students