Fedora QA and Google Summer of Code 2012

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Sat Mar 31 01:30:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:51:04 -0400
Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 17:31:58 -0600
> Tim Flink wrote:
>
> >   I think this has been discussed before, but the basic idea is to
> > take fedora-easy-karma and add more information to it so that
> > karma-giving isn't quite so intimidating and swapping back and
> > forth between bodhi, koji, yum and repoinfo isn't needed.
>
> Way too boring, what you really want is for every package to have
> its own twitter account so you can tweet karma :-).

You might be on to something here! But the 140 char limit would really
stifle my creativity when it comes to comments. I'd rather create
facebook pages for every package - that way we could add karma by
"liking" a package.

We could even take it a step farther and use this for marketing. Just
imagine - "Play farmville with glibc next wednesday and learn about the
great new features!", "gdb has shared a picture with you",
"NetworkManager wants to be your friend". Oh the possibilities ...

Then again, the thought of getting an email saying "Anaconda is now
following you on Twitter" also amuses me.

> (And now, God help me, someone is going to take this seriously).

No worries, now I'm in the same boat :-D

Tim