F17 vs. Pentium 4

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sat Mar 31 21:39:56 UTC 2012

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 01:26:26 -0500,
>  Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
>> In bugzilla bug 808300, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>> D865GBF is one of the motherboards that was broken due to an ACPICA
>>> change.
>>> It was fixed in an updated kernel, but the F16 media cannot be updated.
>>> See bugs 73007 727865.
>>> Can you please try the nightly F17 live images, or the upcoming F17 beta?
>>
>> I can try, but right now, I don't know where to find things.
>
> The nightly live images are at:
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/

Thanks.
Can they be booted without media?
I tried the following stanza:
title Install Fedora17-3-28 from iso
 	root (hd0,2)
 	pause have rooted (hd0,2)
 	find   /isolinux17-3-28/vmlinuz0
 	pause have finded
 	kernel /isolinux17-3-28/vmlinuz0 askmethod noacpi root=/dev/ram0
 	pause have kerneled
 	find   /isolinux17-3-28/initrd0.img
 	pause have finded
 	initrd /isolinux17-3-28/initrd0.img
 	pause have initrded

I got a dracut warning: signal caught
attempt to kill inint
no or empty root argument
It didn't boot.
Adding root=/dev/ram0 to the kernel line got me told no such device.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily