Dovecot

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Tue May 1 13:37:10 UTC 2012

On 4/29/12 3:24 AM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Did an upgrade from F16 to current F17 tree + updates on my server and
> all seemed well.
>
> Except for dovecot..which after the upgrade, it seemed to error on my
> client side (via imap) about namespace and inbox=yes and no namespace or
> something along those lines.
>
> Anyone else seen this?  It seems downgrading back to the 2.0 version in
> F16 get it back to working again.

I'm running dovecot on Fedora 16.  I seem unable to create new IMAP
subfolders from clients; and this is possibly associated with the most
recent dovecot update on F16.

I'm not 100% sure on this: I don't try to create new subfolders *that*
often; and I was recently twiddling some authentication settings in
dovecot.  But since clients can still read messages, mark them read, and
write new messages to existing folders, I'm not sure how anything I
might have done would have had this effect.

Braden