Dovecot

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Tue May 1 16:38:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 09:37 -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:

> I'm running dovecot on Fedora 16.  I seem unable to create new IMAP
> subfolders from clients; and this is possibly associated with the most
> recent dovecot update on F16.
>
> I'm not 100% sure on this: I don't try to create new subfolders *that*
> often; and I was recently twiddling some authentication settings in
> dovecot.  But since clients can still read messages, mark them read, and
> write new messages to existing folders, I'm not sure how anything I
> might have done would have had this effect.

Yes I also ran into the above issue when I lost my backups (HD failed)
and had to reinstall a workstation.

What I found out I could do, was create the folder in the "On this
Computer" (local) section.  Once created, then highlight it, right click
and click on "Move it".  Then go to your imap section and select it as
where to move it.

See if that helps.  On a side note, trying above, or even to create it
on the imap server itself, I couldn't do neither now on F17.  Not sure
what setting I may be missing.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY