Evolution vs NFS

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Tue May 1 16:40:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-01 at 09:31 -0400, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> I am using NFS (v4) home directories.  The server is running Fedora 16;
> the client is running Fedora 17.  Recently, when running Evolution on
> the client, I find that Evolution becomes completely unresponsive if I
> attempt to compose a message.  (It freezes up before showing the new
> message window.) When I look at the process in the GNOME system monitor,
> the evolution process' "Waiting Channel" is alternating between
> "nfs_wait_bit_killable" and "rpc_wait_bit_killable".

I nfs but not home directories, not email directories.  I have a local
network server so it's pretty much same thing.  So I just run normal
Imap but to the server itself.  Least if there is NFS issues, that won't
cause an email problem.

And I run KDE, not gnome.  Sorry, prolly not much help now that I read
it haha

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY