Weird Firefox performance issue

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Tue May 1 17:57:14 UTC 2012

On 5/1/2012 1:53 PM, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> IMHO it was the restart that "fixed" it. I experience this "getting
> slow" think to happen for a long time. After several days of run,
> firefox needs to be restarted. 1. it's taking too much RAM, 2. usually
> causing higher CPU load than after restart with same tabs and history
> open. BTW: same I have to do with gnome-shell, so maybe some graphics
> card driver is leaking.
Not to be too frank, but do you think I'm an idiot? Do you really think
I would report serious, consistent, ongoing performance issues with an
application without bothering to try restarting it first?

I restarted Firefox many times. I restarted gnome-shell. I restarted my
machine. Nothing helped. Performance was poor immediately after the
restart. There was no perceivable degradation over time -- it was
extremely poor right from when it started up and stayed that way.

   jik