Palimsest discrepancy

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Tue May 1 20:32:07 UTC 2012

On 05/01/2012 08:18 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Tue, 01 May 2012 13:03:18 -0500
> John Morris wrote:
>
>> I depend on SMART being right
>> enough so I can usually yank a failing drive before it goes so bad the
>> worker can't login and use the machine.
>
> Of course, it was the SMART firmware on my Crucial SSD drive
> that made it break after 5184 hours of operation :-).
> (Fortunately new firmware fixed things).

I got hit by this too a few weeks ago. Quite nasty bug in that it will hit
every Crucial M4 owner eventually and renders the drive completely useless
but luckily also harmless because it doesn't damage anything and a simple
firmware update fixes the problem completely with no data loss.

Regards,
  Dennis