GIMP 2.8

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed May 2 21:36:53 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 09:48 -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> I agree. The save vs. export thing in the new version of gimp is mind-numbingly stupid.

Makes perfect sense to me. It's the same logic used in Audacity. You are
always losing information when 'saving' to an image format - the record
of your edits to the file. You're exporting for production, you're not
saving your work.

BTW, CCing Red Hat internal lists and public lists on the same mail is
very bad form, Karel.