Testing of f17 TC2 in USB

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed May 2 23:57:11 UTC 2012

On 05/02/2012 03:24 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> It's good of you to do this, but it would be even_better_  if you'd
> follow the test cases at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test#USB_Stick  , file bugs on any failures, and enter your results into the matrix, with bugzilla links to the failures. The whole point of the validation matrices is to co-ordinate this kind of testing so the results are not lost and bugs found are given appropriate priority. thanks!

I'm having a hard time figuring out how people passed the USB install in
your matrix. I can't get it to work.

I used the DVD ISO and the livecd-iso-to-disk script (--format,
--reset-mbr) to format a 8GB USB stick.

The image boots and installation (with *defaults*) begins. It gets to
160 packages of 1212 and errors on perl.

"A unpack error occurred when installing the perl package..."

The image checksummed properly. I have tried installation twice. Same
error at same point each time.