GMA500 vs. G3 software render

Bodhi Zazen bodhi.zazen at montanalinux.org
Thu May 3 16:12:55 UTC 2012

Just thought I would weigh in on this issue ...

I use the gma500 and, yes g3 is a bit slow, but performance has been improving.

It is on my to do list to take one of the F17 daily spins for a test drive.

If you find g3 slow, use another window manager, but I sort of like G3 on my netbook ;)

In discussing the issue I think you need to be more specific , are you talking kernel ? The 3.4 kernel should be even better. Or are you talking llvmpipe ?