F17: gedit: drag & drop freezes forever mouse pointer on drag mode

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:27:32 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 16:55 +0100, Pedro Francisco wrote:
>> I need to confirm a bug.
>
> Not easily, no. For a start, I've never quite figured out the trigger
> for the case where a new window opens instead of the document opening in
> the existing window: for me just following the above steps doesn't do
> it, the .bashrc opens in the first gedit window, so I don't get two
> windows at all).

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes it stopped working for me as well....

Try this:
$ gedit &
$ killall nautilus ; nautilus /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-17 &

Now, double-click the "GPL" file. A new gedit window should appear.

To allow you to resume your work afterwards, on another console, do:
$ sleep 15; killall gedit

Try to drag and drop the gedit tab "GPL" to the other gedit window.

Watch your mouse pointer freeze on drag mode, disabling it
effectively; keyboard does not seem to respond as well. After ~15
seconds, when gedit windows are killed, you'll get your mouse and
keyboard back.

Can anyone confirm?

--
Pedro