GMA500 vs. G3 software render

Bodhi Zazen bodhi.zazen at montanalinux.org
Fri May 4 17:45:53 UTC 2012

OK, I took yesterdays daily build for a spin on my netbook.

First - looking great. Fedora boots Fedora 17 with no problems, X is working out of the box, no tweaking required.

gnome-shell (llvmpipe) is slow and uses more CPU, with spikes up to 70 % cpu time. There are times when typing into a terminal lags, it is on the border of usable. Probably worth a bug report ;)

kde - I am not normally a KDE user, but took the kde spin for a test drive. KDE is looking nice, great eye candy and noticeably better performance, obviously better then gnome-shell.

Hopefully this helps the Adams direct bug reporting (Fedora vs upstream, gnome vs llvmpipe).

What can I do to provide additional information to help improve gnome-shell ?

bodhi.zazen