F17: kernel panic at shutdown

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 21:43:25 UTC 2012

--- On Mon, 5/7/12, Jurgen Kramer <gtmkramer at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> From: Jurgen Kramer <gtmkramer at xs4all.nl>
> Subject: F17: kernel panic at shutdown
> To: test at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Date: Monday, May 7, 2012, 8:33 AM
> I am getting frequent kernel panics
> when shutting down my laptop. It is
> running the latest F17 with all updates.
>
> Last messages before the panic are:
>
> Cannot finalize remaining file system and devices, giving
> up.
> Succesfully changed into root pivot.
> /shutdown: line 12: /lib/dracut-lib.sh: No such file ore
> directory
> [ kernel panic ]
>
> Any ideas what's wrong here? My other F17 test rig does not
> exhibit this
> problem.
>
> Jurgen
>
> --

Dear sir,

I see the same :(

But on my screen the message

/bin/sh:  error while loading shared libraries:  libtinfo.so.5:  cannot open shared object file:  no such file or directory

kernel panic

and it just hangs there :(

Have to use power button to shut down the machine, keyboard lights flash and it just stays there.

I have a crontab that shuts down machine automagically, and I left it friday thinking it would shutdown.  I came to work this morning and the machine had the kernel panic message and I Saw this message :(

It is definitely a bug :(
Sad part of it though, is against which component?  Kernel or the package that provides the libtinfo.so.5 ?

Best Regards,

Antonio