F17-Beta: some flaws

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Mon May 7 21:52:38 UTC 2012

Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-05-06 at 15:30 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
>> Trying "yum install */gdisk" produces an error:
>>
>> File "/usr/bin/yum", line 28, in<module>
>> import yummain
>>
>> Import error: No module named yummain
>
> yeah, you're not really supposed to be able to yum from within rescue, I
> don't think.

It should work fine.  I've even done it before rebooting after installing.
That's how I've been debugging the grub installer problems.  You just need to
chroot to /mnt/sysimage.  I also found at some point that doing "su -" was also
necessary.  I don't remember exactly what issues I ran into without that, but I
always do it now and everything just works.