F17-Beta: some flaws

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue May 8 08:00:15 UTC 2012

On 05/08/2012 09:01 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 08:48 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
>

>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> This it not advisable: after "chroot /mnt/sysimage",
>> system-config-keyboard is not available :-(

Hi Adam,

> Then you don't have it installed. What the hell did you install exactly?
> You seem to have a rather broken installation, to be honest...

It is correct that I didn't install system-config-keyboard. Therefore
it's not available after "chroot ...". You are right!

I did a *minimal* install, which runs flawlessly if booted normally
(with correct configured keyboard: german-nodeadkeys, set by anaconda!)

>> I did this to have the comforts of the right keyboard layout! It is very
>> cumbersome to work with yz-/ and some more keys on a german keyboard
>> which is not correctly configured.
>
> He's not asking why you're doing it at all. He's asking why you're doing
> it from a rescue shell and not just from the installed system.

For curiosity only (I hope that's allowed!) :-)

I think if the rescue shell offers such a command, it should run as
expected and needed.

Kind regards

Joachim

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes