obsolete http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda_Boot_Options

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 18:10:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 13:31:42 -0400,
>  Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

>>> Because they are different. enforcing=0 will run selinux in permissive
>>> mode, selinux=0 will disable selinux.
>>
>> Exactly. Doesn't disabling selinux for that particular boot not
>> override setting selinux to run in permissive mode? It doesn't make
>> sense to use both simultaneously.
>
> If you use selinux=0 it doesn't matter what enforcing is set to. So you
> could change things so that there was one flag with three states instead
> to two flags with 2 states each.

I have no opinion on whether the selinux developers should have two
variables with two states or change to one with three, as long as
their/its use is clearly documented.

The only reason that I pointed out that setting these two selinux
variables simultaneously (and two other things that I've now
forgotten) didn't make sense is that the OP reported that his
"kernel..." line was deemed too long by dracut/anaconda.