Where does "select application to open..." get its list of programs from??

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:26:06 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> So try adding an appropriate MimeType= field to your custom .desktop
> file, and run update-desktop-database, and maybe log out and in again
> just for luck, and see if it shows up in the list then.
>
> As for 1), I'm not 100% sure. It sounds like WINE ick. Take a look
> around ~/.wine, perhaps?

Worked like a charm. It also removed the duplicate entries!

Thanks a bunch, Adam!

FC

PS: I still see about a dozen "WINE Application" when I click on
"Other programs..." but as this is hidden two levels deep, it' s no
big concern for me right now. Still, it' s pretty useless to see
dozens of "WINE App" entries without knowing which is which. A bug to
report, it seems...
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell