GRUB2 doesn't respect the changes made to /etc/default/grub

piruthiviraj natarajan piruthiviraj at gmail.com
Fri May 11 10:57:16 UTC 2012

I am using F17 TC2 and I  added few lines to /etc/default/grub. My config
is

>GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="Fedora"
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="rd.md=0 rd.lvm=0 rd.dm=0  SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16
KEYTABLE=us rd.luks=0 LANG=en_US.UTF-8  quiet pci=nomsi noapic irqpoll"
#GRUB_BACKGROUND=/boot/danbo_cold_evening-wallpaper-1680x1050.jpg
GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

Initially I wanted to add background which was not taken up after I did
"grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg". But then I commented it out.
later i tried disabling recovery, which was also not updated.
I tried in fedoraforums.org . No one seems to know why.