GIMP 2.8

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Mon May 14 10:12:56 UTC 2012

Dne Čt 3. května 2012 07:49:28, Jonathan Kamens napsal(a):
> So, I took my concerns over to the gimp-user mailing list,
> where apparently this issue has been argued over a number of
> times.

thanks a lot; also for sumarising here

> As for alternatives, krita (the RPM is "calligra-krita") and
> pinta, both of which are available in Fedora, were suggested
> for people who just aren't professional enough to grok the One
> True GIMP Way.

krita is more a painting tool than photo manipulating

pinta is a mono bloat - and it doesn't work for me:

[kvolny at kvolny ~]$ pinta

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: 'gtk-close' is not
a valid resource name of assembly 'Pinta.Resources,
Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at Gdk.PixbufLoader.InitFromAssemblyResource
(System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.String resource)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Gdk.PixbufLoader..ctor (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly,
System.String resource) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Gdk.Pixbuf..ctor (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly,
System.String resource) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Gdk.Pixbuf.LoadFromResource (System.String resource)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Pinta.Resources.ResourceLoader.GetIcon (System.String name,
Int32 size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Pinta.ResourceManager.GetIcon (System.String name, Int32
size) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Pinta.ResourceManager.GetIcon (System.String name) [0x00000]
in <filename unknown>:0
  at Pinta.Gui.Widgets.OpenImagesListWidget..ctor () [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
  at Pinta.OpenImagesPad.Initialize
(MonoDevelop.Components.Docking.DockFrame workspace, Gtk.Menu
padMenu) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Pinta.MainWindow.CreateDockAndPads (Gtk.HBox container)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Pinta.MainWindow.CreatePanels (Pinta.WindowShell shell)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Pinta.MainWindow.CreateWindow () [0x00000] in <filename
unknown>:0
  at Pinta.MainWindow..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Pinta.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.ArgumentException:
[...]

/me is going to file a bug

thanks for the suggestions anyway

K.

--