running speakup on f17 beta

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1 303 722 7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue May 15 21:54:03 UTC 2012

Hi all,

      Sorry for the delay in answering. I maintain F17 kernels with Speakup
enabled. I don't have much of a repository, but I can throw them up
somewhere for you to grab. The right solution is to have the Fedora
Project just turn them on, but I have no idea whom to contact. At the
moment, I only have access to an x86_64 build environment, so that's the
only binaries I have. You could download my SRC.rpm and rebuild it. Let me
know if you want them, and I'll put them up.

      Here's my config-local file.

# This file is intentionally left empty in the stock kernel. Its a nicety
# added for those wanting to do custom rebuilds with altered config opts.
CONFIG_SPEAKUP=m
CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_ACNTSA=m
CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_ACNTPC=m
CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_APOLLO=m